CLYDE BURLESON, HOUSTON DWI LAWYER
“The DWI lawyer that other DWI lawyers call”
Do You Really Need a Houston DWI Lawyer?
If you or a loved one has been arrested for DWI in Houston, you need a proven Houston DWI lawyer. You can’t afford to leave any aspect of your case to chance or in the hands of an inexperienced public defender. Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) is a serious criminal offense and one that is looked down on in society since impaired driving recklessly puts the welfare of so many people at risk. While a DWI arrest isn’t uncommon, it still has the potential to negatively impact your life and your finances for many years to come.
Why Should You Hire a Houston DWI Lawyer?
Chances are, you aren’t what anybody would considered a hardened criminal. Most likely, you simply made a bad mistake that you want to put in the rear view mirror and are wondering if hiring a DWI lawyer is something you should do.
Consider the following:
- You have 15 days from the date of your arrest to schedule a Texas Driver’s License Revocation Hearing so you can keep your driver’s license. If you don’t request a hearing before the 15 day deadline, your driver’s license will be automatically suspended!
- Depending on factors such as your blood alcohol concentration (BAC), if anybody was hurt or killed due to your impaired driving and your past criminal record, you could be sentenced to significant jail time, large monetary fines, extended community service and a lengthy supervised probation period.
- Even first time DWI offenders will lose driving privileges and will most likely need to install an ignition interlock device (IID) on their car to get these driving privileges back.
- Supervised probation isn’t as easy as regular meetings with your probation officer. Supervised probation for a DWI offense most likely will include travel restrictions, monthly fees, random drug tests, an alcohol education class, 3 months of Supportive Outpatient Classes (SOP) or even an Inpatient Alcohol Rehabilitation stay.
All of the above punishments are likely for even first-time DWI offenders. It only gets more punitive, complicated and expensive if you’re had a DWI in the past. With all that is at stake, why wouldn’t you consult a DWI lawyer to get the full picture of your situation and how they may be able to help?
Call Clyde Burleson, Houston DWI Attorney today at 713-628-1503 or fill out and submit our contact form
Why Should You Hire Clyde Burleson?
1. Clyde Knows the Importance of the Texas Driver’s License Revocation Hearing
You have 15 days from the date of your arrest to schedule a Texas Driver’s License Revocation Hearing so you can keep your driver’s license. If you don’t request a hearing before the 15 day deadline, your driver’s license will be automatically suspended! Houston DWI lawyer Clyde Burleson will tell you: the driver’s license revocation hearing may be the most important part of your DWI defense. Besides allowing you to retain your driving license and driving privileges, it’s also an excellent opportunity for your lawyer to gather the facts and evidence he needs to successfully defend your case. During this hearing, your lawyer will get the chance to question the arresting officer and other key witnesses, as well as obtain documents that the District Attorney’s Office would not let you have access to otherwise.
2. Clyde Knows Your Rights
Do you know your rights when charged with a DWI or DUI offense? Do you know that you have the right to remain silent and not answer any questions without legal representation? Do you know that you have the right to refuse a field sobriety test? Do you know that you have the right to refuse a plea bargain? A violation of your lawful rights during any part of your arrest and trial could result in the charges against you being thrown out of court. Knowing your rights and when to exercise them could mean the difference between conviction and acquittal. Houston DWI lawyer, Clyde Burleson, knows the importance of protecting your rights and will fight to ensure that all laws and procedures have been followed.
3. Clyde Knows the Tough New Penalties & Surcharges Enacted by the Texas State Legislature
Besides legal fees and the possibility of incarceration, are you aware that if you receive a final conviction for a DWI or DUI that you will have to pay thousands of dollars in fees and surcharges to get your license back? Failure to pay these surcharges as scheduled will result in an automatic license suspension. Only when the remaining outstanding balance is paid in full can your license be reinstated. Houston DWI lawyer, Clyde Burleson, stays up-to-date on all changes in the Texas DWI penalties & laws and has the knowledge and experience to help you avoid costly fines and jail time.
4. Clyde Knows the Worst Mistakes You Can Make and How to Avoid Them
The worst mistake you could make after a DWI or DUI arrest is to not seek legal help. Don’t assume just because you’ve been arrested on a DWI or DUI charge that you can’t win your case! Don’t let them take away your license by not scheduling a Driver’s License Revocation Hearing! Don’t waive your rights to accept a plea bargain! Avoid the mistakes that could lead to a conviction and costly fines by seeking the advice of a top Houston DUI attorney like Clyde Burleson. He’ll evaluate your case and prevent you from making the serious yet all too common DWI mistakes that could cost you thousands of dollars and even your freedom!
5. Clyde Knows DWI Defense.
DWI and DUI is a CRIMINAL charge, not a misdemeanor like a traffic ticket. There are serious consequences for a conviction on a DWI or DUI charge, ones that could ruin your life and career. Don’t mess around. You need an attorney like Clyde Burleson who has years of experience in DWI and DUI cases and knows the crucial elements a defense strategy must include to insure that your case gets the best resolution possible. Clyde is the DWI attorney other DWI attorneys call when they need an expert witness.
You should call him too.